GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
FOR ORANGEWAYS ZRT.’S INTERNATIONAL SERVICES
OrangeWays Zrt. agrees to carry passengers holding valid tickets to their respective destinations, subject to pre-stated timetables, prices and conditions.
A ticket (e-ticket) is a document issued to a person’s name, and assigned a speical code. The boarding point and the destination, data certifying validity, the type of ticket and any discount are displayed on the ticket. No person other than the one displayed on the ticket shall use the ticket.
No domestic carriage of passengers is permitted on international services.
1. Fare tickets
Tickets are issued to the owner’s name, and can only be transferred to another person if the name is modified.
The passenger may not break his/her journey between the boarding point and the destination; in case the journey is interrupted, the ticket loses validity for the rest of the journey.
Lost or stolen tickets may only be reissued in case the passenger is on the passengers’ list. Reissuing price is HUF 1.500 /EUR 5/ CZK 150 /PLN 25/ RON 25 per person per way. This amount should be paid in cash to the coach attendant on the bus before departure.
Fare tickets are only valid for the service and duration they were issued to, or, in the case of OPEN tickets (open ticket: the date of travelling is flexible), only if validated through reserving a seat prior to commencing the return journey.
The validity of OPEN tickets is 360 days following the date of purchase.
A ticket is invalid, if:
1. the validity has expired,
2. used on a service or within a duration other than the validity shown on the ticket,
3. tampered, showing unauthorised and unconfirmed alterations or deletions.
2. Fares, discounts
Fares and any discounts available are displayed on the Interenet.
Fares are exclusive of extra services provided on coaches (e.g. cool refreshments, chips, etc.)
Fees of extra services shall be paid to the coach attendant in HUF, EUR, CZK, PLN or RON when taking such extra services.
Hot drinks (hot chocolate, coffee, cappuccino) are included in the fare; however, no refund shall be claimed for if hot drinks are not provided.
a, Unused fare tickets purchased in advance may not be refunded.
- Less than 72 hours before departure: no refund is given.
- More than 72 hours before departure: 20% of the ticket price can be refunded.
Should you have return ticket, the base of cancellation is the date of the first trip.
Refund for the mobile purchasing is not possible.
c, Tickets under 8.-EUR or 2000.-HUF cannot be modified or refunded.
Contact: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Telefon: 06-30-830-96-96
4. Modification costs and deadlines:
Modification of booking (in case of purchased ticket):
1. Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Poland, Romania, Germany (Drezda, Berlin)
Modification fee: HUF 500/person/way/modification
Modification of one way ticket: HUF 500/person/way/modification
Modification of return ticket: 2 x 500.- = HUF 1.000/person/modification
Modfication fee should be paid to the guide on the bus before departure.
Date modification can be done at least 90 minutes before departure. Modification less than 90 minutes before departure is not possible.
If the modification is done by the coach attendant on the bus, the modification fee should be paid upon the price list held by the guide. It is not the same as that of the Customer Service.
If there are more passengers under one reservation code, date of travelling will be modified for all passengers under the same code!
Price of name modification is HUF 2.500 per name per way and should be paid in cash to the coach attendant on the bus before departure.
A ticket with exact date can not be modified to OPEN ticket (open ticket: the date of travelling is flexible)
Destination and route can not be changed.
5. Passenger’s responsibility
The passenger shall obtain the documents required by the authorities, and comply with the provisions of law and other regulations of the states visited during the journey. OrangeWays Zrt. does not take responsibility for damage resulting from non-compliance with such requirements.
On purchasing a ticket, the passenger shall check the data displayed on the ticket. For any errors detected subsequently, the conditions of modification are applicable.
The passenger shall print his/her e-ticket, and show it on boarding the coach together with his/her personal ID and any documents proving entitlement to a discounted fare.
Each passenger shall retain his/her valid ticket, and shall be aware of the effective rules of crossing borders in each country. If the passenger is not allowed by the competent authorities to enter the country, he/she is not entitled to a refund of the ticket price, nor a part of it.
It is the passenger’s responsibility to hold the documents required to cross borders (passport, visa), and to administer luggage and hand luggage, customs clearance and other examinations. The timetable allocates a specific duration for border crossing, as well as for passport control and customs clearance.
Should the passport control or customs clearance of a passenger exceeds the duration specified in the timetable, OrangeWays Zrt. reserves the right to leave the passenger in question behind at the border crossing point, and continue the journey in the interest of other passengers (connections, accommodation reservation, etc.). In such case, the passenger shall cater for continuing his/her journey – at his/her own expense –, and is not entitled to a fare refund. If the border guard authorities refuse admittance of a passenger, and, as a result, the passenger is transported back, the costs will be shifted to the passenger by OrangeWays Zrt.
During the journey, the passenger shall return to the coach within the time limit allowed by the driver or the coach attendant in the event of pre-scheduled breaks. If the passenger does not show up until the agreed time, orangeways Zrt. takes no responsibility for the damage caused by non-compliance.
Any wilful damage caused by a passenger shall be compensated for by the respective passenger on the spot.
In case the passenger does not keep the rules related to toilet usage (dispalyed in the film and told by the coach attendant), and the toilet can not be used for the rest of the trip, he/she should pay a cleaning fee of HUF 6.000 /EUR 20/ CZK 600/ RON 100
6. No smoking
It is strictly prohibited to smoke on the coaches operated by OrangeWays Zrt. Smoking is only permitted in the breaks during the journey, if any.
International fare tickets are exclusive of medical, accident and baggage insurance.
8. OrangeWays Zrt.’s responsibilities
If a service published in the timetable can not run or can only run on an alternative route, OrangeWays Zrt. shall inform passengers accordingly. Information is given the way as possible, also with respect to the rules of changing schedule.
If a service is hindered for a reason imputable to OrangeWays Zrt., OrangeWays Zrt. shall cater for carrying passengers by another vehicle available.
OrangeWays Zrt. shall compensate passengers holding pre-purchased tickets for any confirmed damage or loss resulting from delay or cancelled service, if caused intentionally or through wilful negligence by the carrier.
The basis of compensation is the actually incurred and confirmed damage or loss, but the maximum compensation is the fare paid by the passenger.
Hungarian citizens are paid compensation in Hungarian forints.
OrangeWays Zrt. is exempt from compensation obligations if the agreed delivery obligation was complied with, as generally expected in the given situation.
OrangeWays Zrt. shall not be obliged to compensate passengers for damage or loss if the company provides evidence that the damage/loss was caused by unavoidable circumstances beyond its control (e.g. weather, road or traffic conditions delaying traffic, delayed border administration, etc.). Accordingly, the carrier incurs no liability to compensate for delay resulting from the above mentioned reasons.
Should the journey be affected by an act of God, particularly by war, strike, unavoidable natural phenomena or technical obstacles, OrangeWays Zrt. shall not be held responsible for these and for cancelling the journey due to the above mentioned reasons. Any extra costs resulting from the above reasons (e.g. accommodation during the journey) shall be paid by the passenger.
In the event of compensation for luggage, the maximum value of luggage may be HUF 100 000 per item, and the total value is HUF 200 000. Only that passenger shall be entitled to compensation, who presents the luggage ticket. In compensation, Orangeways Zrt. generally refunds an amount evidenced by an invoice, or, in the absence of such, the commercial value valid at the location and time of loading, up to a maximum of HUF 200 000. In the event a luggage is lost or damaged, the passenger shall report the damage to the coach attendant or the driver immediately on arriving at the destination. A staff member of Orangeways Zrt. shall confirm the claim in writing.
Orangeways Zrt. is not responsible for damage caused in luggage, if:
* the passenger cannot present a luggage ticket for the luggage in question,
* the packaging is not suitable for the type of luggage,
* the passenger failed to describe the luggage contents correctly,
* an incident occurred beyond the control of the carrier (natural disaster, acts of third parties),
* the luggage was damaged by the passenger.
Differences in the timetable may occur due to special traffic conditions.
Orangeways Zrt. reserves the right to change the schedule and fares.
9. Carriage of persons with disabilities or special needs
On purchasing a ticket, the passenger shall indicate any need for special care due to his/her physical or other disabilities.
A maximum of five passengers with physical disabilities or with need for special care may be carried on a service, accompanied. Persons accompanying such passengers shall purchase fare tickets.
We do not carry passengers who can only be carried on a stretcher.
Passengers that need special care may only take part in the journey at their own responsibility, and OrangeWays Zrt. excludes responsibility for any damage to their health conditions.
Babies under the age of 2 can travel on their parent’s lap. Only one baby can travel with an adult this way.
10. Conditions of carrying luggage
Each passenger shall display a name tag on his/her luggage held in the luggage rack.
OrangeWays Zrt. is obliged to carry a maximum of two items of luggage per passenger, even against a fee payment. The maximum weight of luggage items is 32 kg, maximum dimensions are 100 x 50 x 40 cm. The luggage fee of HUF 300 / item is to be paid to the driver.
If the passenger has more than two items of luggage, OrangeWays Zrt. carries third or any further items of luggage in case there is free space in the luggaege rack and upon payment of an extra fee of HUF 2100 per item, which should be paid to the driver.
Luggage can only be loaded on that coach and up to the destination the passenger travels to.
The passenger is responsible for returning his/her luggage in the event of customs clearance.
Luggage that risks passengers’ health and the security of other luggage can be excluded from carriage.
Objects which are banned out from carriage by regulations and authorities’ provision, or which have a higher dimension and weight than the size can be placed in the designated area, can not be transported as luggage on the coach.
Tariffs for carrying luggage:
a) Maximum one item of hand luggage (maximum size: 10 kg in weight and 50x20x40 cm in size) is free of charge. All items which are held by passengers on boarding are regarded to be hand luggage.
Objects can not be carried as hand luggage:
1. objects which are banned out from carriage by regulations and authorities’ provision,
2. objects, which have a higher dimension and weight than the size can be placed in the designated area, or risk other passengers’ health, dirt other passengers’ clothes or damage other passengers’ hand luggage
b) any items of luggage other than hand luggage for a fee of HUF 300/EUR 1 per item
c) carriage fee of bicycles: HUF 2100/EUR 7/CZK 140/ RON 35/ PLN 35 per item
Bicycle can be carried only if it is disassembled. Disassembling should be done by the owner. Carrying bicycle is only possible if there is free space in the luggaege rack. If there is no space, OrangeWays Zrt. does not take responsibility for safe storage of the bike, and is not obliged to pay for the storage/parking fee of the bike, and will not pay for any sales costs of the bike.
Pram should not be paid for, if the baby is also travelling. If only the pram is carried, luggage fee should be paid.
Luggage prohibited on coaches:
* items heavier than 32 kg
* objects that are unsuitable to be carried due to their dimensions, shape or bulk;
* dangerous, explosive, inflammable, poisonous, disgusting substances, firearms;
* objects or luggage that may damage or dirty other luggage or the coach;
* unaccompanied luggage;
* goods in commercial quantities;
* all objects under an import or export prohibition;
* dutiable goods for which the customs clearance or procedure cannot be completed during the time allocated in the timetable for customs.
* cutter and screening tool without case
It is the passengers’ responsibility to take care of his/her hand luggage.
If hand luggage is lost, or disappears, OrangeWays Zrt. is not obliged to give any refund!
OrangeWays Zrt. does not assume responsibility for minor damage to the surface of luggage that may also result from day-to-day proper use (e.g. scratches, minor stains, stretches or dents).
Luggage shall not contain jewellery, precious metals, works of art, stamps, collections, cash, cashless payment instruments (bank and credit cards, service vouchers, etc.), securities, fare tickets, season tickets, documents, valuable furs, as well as objects and accessories that reach or exceed an original value of HUF 100 000 at the time of purchase.
11. Other provisions:
Timetables always indicate departure and arrival times according to the local time. Passengers shall arrive to the departure point 20 minutes before departure. In the event a passenger fails to arrive 5 minutes before departure, the reservation loses validity, and the seat can be sold to another passenger.
- Children under 10 (including age 10) can only travel with their parents and grandparents, when holding a written consent of their lawful representatives.
- Children between 10-14 can only travel with an adult, when holding a written consent of their lawful representatives.
- Children between 14-18 can travel alone, when holding a written consent of their lawful representatives.
Children can only travel with valid passport or personal ID regardless their age.
Orangeways Zrt. reserves the right to change the schedule, use another bus, or change the seat number of passenger.
Passengers may be banned from travelling with OrangeWays, if they:
* have smoked in the coach
* are drunk
* were noisy or annoyed other passengers
* dirt other passengers or the coach
* cause damage to the coach
* suffer from a contagious disease
* violate the general rules of social co-existence
* endanger the passengers, people and property on board due to their age, mental or physical conditions
* frighten, disgust or offend people on board by way of their physical condition, clothing or behaviour
* have refused customs examination and/or examination by the border guard authorities
* do not hold valid travel documents (including destruction of such documents during carriage)
* can not identify themselves as the person indicated in the reservation
* failed to indicate their need for special support or for carriage of special package or for carriage of luggage subject to special conditions on reserving a seat.
No animals shall be carried other than assistant dogs:
1. guide dogs accompanying blind persons,
2. dogs helping disabled: dogs trained for helping disabled persons in everyday life
3. sound signal dogs: dogs tained for signalling dangerous or important sound for persons with hard of hearing,
4. fit signal dogs: dogs trained for helping people having epilepsy or other type of chronic disease in case the person has got fit,
5. dogs for personal assistance: dogs trained for helping handicapped people in everyday life,
6. therapy dogs: dogs applied in special educational, psychological, psychiatric, conductive pedagogical, and rehabilitation process.
Helping dogs should be supplied with a special mark, which should contain the trainer company’s logo.
The passenger shall ensure the necessary documents for his/her dog’s travelling. Orangeways does not take responsibility for loss resulting from non-compliance.
12. Closing provisions
These conditions of carriage shall be valid until withdrawn. OrangeWays Zrt. maintains the right to change the conditions of carriage unilaterally. Changes shall come into effect on being published on our website www.orangeways.com. For any issues not regulated in this conditions of carriage, the provisions of Act I of 1988, the regulations set forth in decree 20/1981 (VI.19) Mt. issued by the Council of Ministers, as well as the provisions of Act IV of 1959 shall apply.